- We are looking for a well rounded PHP developer with a wide range of experience in web development. Focus will be on LAMP development and backend OO PHP code. This role includes helping define project requirements, reviewing code and responsibility for the day to day management of valuable web properties.
- PHP developers are expected to work independently but also in collaboration with Web Producers and Technical Managers to innovate and create web applications. We like to work aggressively but also set realistic expectations in meeting our business and development goals. We use an Agile style development methodology, so you will be working on small teams and in short cycles.
- Work with PHP and MySQL to design, develop and debug web applications
- Work with the team to manage, optimize and customize multiple web applications.
- Create and maintain technical documentation.
- Bachelors degree and/or 2+ years of software development experience or equivalent, including Object Oriented design and PHP Development.
- Hands-on experience with web application architecture and relational database design
- Knowledge of search engine optimization (SEO) and marketing (SEM)
- Familiarity with the LAMP environment (Linux, Apache, MySQL, PHP)
- Experience building sites to function cross-platform and cross-browser
- Experience building database-driven applications and web sites
- Experience using PHP MVC frameworks required. Experience with CodeIgniter is a huge plus.
- Strong presentation, communication, and collaboration skills, enabling effective interaction and knowledge transfer to teammates and other departments within the company
- A high task load is expected. You should be able to work within tight deadlines while exhibiting exemplary time management and task prioritization
- Positive attitude and professionalism in the workplace as well as great sense of humor is always appreciated