- Translate designs and wireframes into high quality code.
- Design, build, and maintain high performance, reusable, and reliable Java code.
- Ensure the best possible performance, quality, and responsiveness of the application.
- Strong knowledge of Android SDK, different versions of Android, and how to deal with different screen sizes.
- Familiarity with RESTful APIs to connect Android applications to back-end services.
- Strong knowledge of Android UI design principles, patterns, and best practices.
- Experience with offline storage, threading, and performance tuning.
- Knowledge of the open-source Android ecosystem and the libraries.
- Familiarity with cloud message APIs and push notifications.
- A knack for benchmarking and optimization - App profiling for Memory/CPU/Network/Battery usage.
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools, such as Git.
- Familiarity with continuous integration Tools like Jenkins.